There are a lot of advantages to renting to young professionals. They have a good reputation for being respectful of your property, and they’re also happier to pay more than other types of renter – though they expect a good standard of living in return!
If you’re looking for buy-to-let property for sale that appeals to young professionals, here’s a useful guide, detailing where the best property investment opportunities are.
Investing in UK Property that Appeals to Young Professionals
- Hove, situated close to Brighton in East Sussex, Hove remains the most popular location in the country for young professionals to buy a home in, and it’s also highly sought after amongst renters too. Young professionals are attracted to the area thanks to its thriving social scene, proximity to the beach, plus easy access to the capital. The commute into London takes around 70 minutes. An average house costs £352,718, which is considerably cheaper than properties in the centre of the capital.
- Outer London. Increasing numbers of professionals are looking to move out of the centre of London and into the ‘commuter-belt’ region – particularly with the forthcoming arrival of the Crossrail line. Popular areas include Wandsworth, Wimbledon, Battersea and Streatham. Expect to pay considerably more – around £400,000 to £800,000 for an average property. However, the good news is, you’ll also generate substantially more in rental yield.
- Brighton, alongside Hove, remains popular with young professionals – thanks largely to its formidable reputation as one of the UK’s trendiest areas; with plenty of music venues, bars and independent shops. It’s also within easy reach of London – and commuters can access the city centre within 70 minutes. Average property prices are £358,821.
Attracting Young Professionals
This key demographic are willing to pay more than other types of renters. However, they have certain expectations – and in order to attract them to your property, you’ll need to ensure these expectations are met. Consider the following:
- Transport links. Is the buy-to-let property for sale near transport links (notably a train station)? Young professionals seek rented accommodation that allows them to commute easily to work.
- What are the local amenities like? Young professionals look for property that is close to cultural attractions, restaurants, shops and bars. They seldom want houses in isolated areas.
- Standard of décor. In order to attract a higher paying young professional, your property will need to be presented to a high standard.
The Buy2Let Shop
If you’re looking for buy-to-let property for sale, get in touch with The Buy2Let Shop in Bromley. Our team of expert property investment agents have a wide variety of property investment opportunities on our books – which aren’t available on the general market. This gives you the chance to maximise your returns, whilst locating the right property for your specific requirements.
We also assist with buying a house at auction, and hold regular property seminars to improve your knowledge of the market. To find out more about our services, simply visit The Buy2Let Shop website today.